Rachel Bilson to design for DKNY

« Older   Newer »
zerofobia92
view post Posted on 7/6/2008, 17:50

Rachel Bilson to design for DKNY

Rachel Bilson has signed up to create her own fashion line for DKNY.

The 26-year-old OC star will design a junior sportswear line for the label entitled Edie Rose, which will debut in stores from September. She will also star in the advertising campaign for the range.

Speaking to WWD, Bilson commented, 'This is something that I have been interested in doing for such a long time. I was just waiting for the perfect opportunity for it to be done right.'

She also revealed that she would be putting her acting duties on hold to focus on her new fashion project. 'This line is my main focus right now' she said, ' I can't draw at all, so I won't be doing any sketches, but I am learning to sew. I think it's important to know more about the whole process of making clothes.'

Kevin Monogue, president of DKNY added, 'Our customer has a real emotional connection with Rachel and she's always on the best-dressed lists, so it seemed like such a win-win for us. Rachel has real personal style and she is very involved in every step. You can really see that in the collection.'

Bilson has become one of Hollywood's best dressed young stars in the last few years, featuring regularly on style lists and on the front rows of the shows in New York and Paris. She is also the muse to US designer Zac Posen.
Fonte

TRADUZIONE

Rachel Bilson ha deciso di creare la sua linea di abbigliamento per DKNY.

La star 26enne disegnerà una linea di abbigliamento sportivo junior per il marchio Edie Rose, che debutterà nei negozi da Settembre. Sarà anche testimonial nella campagna pubblicitaria.

Bilson commenta : “E’ qualcosa che ho sempre voluto fare. Stavo solo aspettando la giusta opportunità per farlo bene.”

Rivela inoltre di voler mettere da parte i suoi doveri di attrice per concentrarsi sul suo nuovo progetto di moda. “Questa linea di abbigliamento è la mia principale priorità al momento, non posso disegnare affatto, quindi non farò alcuna bozza ma sto imparando a cucire. Penso sia importante saperne di più sull’intero processo di fare vestiti.”

Kevin Monogue, presidente di DKNY aggiunge, “Il nostro cliente ha un vero legame emotivo con Rachel e lei è sempre nella lista delle meglio-vesite, quindi ci sembrava un’ ottima idea. Rachel ha davvero uno stile personale ed è molto coinvolta in ogni passo. Lo si può davvero notare nella collezione.”

Bilson è diventata una delle giovani star meglio vestite di Hollywood negli ultimi anni, apparendo regolarmente nelle liste riguardanti lo stile e alle sfilate di New York e Parigi. E’ anche la musa dello stilista americano Zac Posen.

Fonte: Rachel Bilson Italia

Notizia presa da: TelefilmSeries.com

0 replies since 7/6/2008, 17:50   81 views